Re: double rowing dories

  • adventures_in_astrophotography
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 31, 2011
      Hi Bruce,

      > The thing about measuring "big" using LOA is that with double ended
      > boats, most of the "pointy ends" doesn't really count towards
      > capacity. "Bigness" measures better if you compare the displacement
      > value.

      True. The Long Light Dory has a few feet of overhanging bow and transom that reduce the waterline length. But it's oh so beautiful!

      I suspect that the original Light Dory is a bit too big to cartop anyway (although I'm sure it's been done), and if you have to use a trailer, might as well build the longer boat. I know I love mine.

      Jon