Re: Can you trust pb&f???

  • shortdottedline
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 29, 2011
      I had a commission done #630, The Illinois. (later the Chicago, because
      I lived there then,) Hallerman did a fine workup on this lovely design.
      A year or 2 later I got a call from Susanne asking about it, alas it
      never got built. ( I think they were justifiably proud of this fine
      design)They called in another year too.The design was done promptly. and
      in great detail .I think they earned their $2,000 and then some. I had
      that much pleasure purusing the plans, day dreaming and putting my own
      touches on the design. Most of my changes were gently discouraged by
      Phil and always with sound reasoning!! I bugged them a lot with question
      and comments, they were patient and kind. Perhaps the business changed
      later I do not know. I do know they acted completely professional with
      my commissioon, I am glad I was able to be in contact with this modern
      day genous in his own way. HIs out of the box designing is sorely
      missed.! ed short
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "joe_mapango"
      <ccurtis-keyword-crusing.65bae6@...> wrote:

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, BruceHallman hallman@ wrote:
      > >
      > > On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM, joe_mapango
      > > ccurtis-keyword-crusing.65bae6@ wrote:
      > >

      > > > In some ways I can believe what he is saying. In a smaller way, I
      have had similar experiences with dealing with B&F. I have faxed, and
      Emailed a number of times, and never received a response. Only a few
      months ago I Emailed Phill's wife (Suzanne I think) directly just to ask
      one question about price, no answer.

      > > They have no duty to you to sell you plans. Get over it. We cannot
      > > demand anyone to sell anything.
      > >

      > I'm over it Bruce. As a matter of fact, I don't care. I am able to buy
      Bolger plans when I need to. I think it is unfortunate that they have
      chosen to do business (or not do business) the way they have. But don't
      think for a minute that I don't sleep over it.

      > How pb&f does business says more about them than anything I can ever
      say. And that says it ALL!

    • shortdottedline
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 29, 2011