Re: Can you trust pb&f???

  • captreed@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 27, 2011
      When it was just Phil I got prompt handwritten replies from him. Then the columns in MAIB were readable and enjoyable in his terse style.

      Without Phil....I don't know...it doesn't seem the same.

      Loosemoose - Love your blog.

      Reed
      Ventura, CA
    • shortdottedline
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 29, 2011
        I had a commission done #630, The Illinois. (later the Chicago, because
        I lived there then,) Hallerman did a fine workup on this lovely design.
        A year or 2 later I got a call from Susanne asking about it, alas it
        never got built. ( I think they were justifiably proud of this fine
        design)They called in another year too.The design was done promptly. and
        in great detail .I think they earned their $2,000 and then some. I had
        that much pleasure purusing the plans, day dreaming and putting my own
        touches on the design. Most of my changes were gently discouraged by
        Phil and always with sound reasoning!! I bugged them a lot with question
        and comments, they were patient and kind. Perhaps the business changed
        later I do not know. I do know they acted completely professional with
        my commissioon, I am glad I was able to be in contact with this modern
        day genous in his own way. HIs out of the box designing is sorely
        missed.! ed short
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "joe_mapango"
        <ccurtis-keyword-crusing.65bae6@...> wrote:

        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, BruceHallman hallman@ wrote:
        > >
        > > On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM, joe_mapango
        > > ccurtis-keyword-crusing.65bae6@ wrote:
        > >

        > > > In some ways I can believe what he is saying. In a smaller way, I
        have had similar experiences with dealing with B&F. I have faxed, and
        Emailed a number of times, and never received a response. Only a few
        months ago I Emailed Phill's wife (Suzanne I think) directly just to ask
        one question about price, no answer.

        > > They have no duty to you to sell you plans. Get over it. We cannot
        > > demand anyone to sell anything.
        > >

        > I'm over it Bruce. As a matter of fact, I don't care. I am able to buy
        Bolger plans when I need to. I think it is unfortunate that they have
        chosen to do business (or not do business) the way they have. But don't
        think for a minute that I don't sleep over it.