[bolger] Re: Porta-potties: A Stinky Subject

  • rlundy@atlantic.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
      This actually happenned to a friend on my dock when I lived in
      Charlotte. Someone went potty in Nov. and he didn't visit the boat
      again until late Feb.

      Anyway, he (after emptying) got a big wash tub, mixed in bleach and hot
      water and let the thing soak for a looong time, changing the water
      every few days. He then let it sit and air out for about a week. I
      think this got rid of the bad smell, but the interior of his catalina
      22 had a strong bleach odor. The soaking apparently (he thought) would
      get to the little seals, etc that tend to hold odor and that can't be
      washed.

      So what does the shed smell like?

      Robert Lundy
      St. Petersburg, Fla.