[bolger] Re: Porta-potties: A Stinky Subject

  • David Cassidy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
      Months?!!!!! I've always emptied mine within 24 hours of arriving home,
      and it has never carried an oder.

      I suppose anything is worth a try (re: ammonia), but it may be time for a
      new porta-pottie.

      Live and learn.

      Months???

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
        This actually happenned to a friend on my dock when I lived in
        Charlotte. Someone went potty in Nov. and he didn't visit the boat
        again until late Feb.

        Anyway, he (after emptying) got a big wash tub, mixed in bleach and hot
        water and let the thing soak for a looong time, changing the water
        every few days. He then let it sit and air out for about a week. I
        think this got rid of the bad smell, but the interior of his catalina
        22 had a strong bleach odor. The soaking apparently (he thought) would
        get to the little seals, etc that tend to hold odor and that can't be
        washed.

        So what does the shed smell like?

        Robert Lundy
        St. Petersburg, Fla.