Re: [bolger] Bolger light schooner for sale

  • Bernard Dekeyser
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 22, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 396 KB
    Great looking schooner, Great boat! !   I built one of these 20yrs ago and sailed it to a first to finish in a 20mi local regatta that included 73 competitors.  Unfortunatly it has been parked in my back yard now for about 10 years and the hull has deteriorated from collected rain water. The spars, sails, rigging etc. have been stored inside and are in good condition.  It would be an outstanding project for someone.  The hull is  very quick and easy to construct (see Paysons' Instant boats).  It is available FREE along with its trailer to someone who has the time and desire for a great boat project.  Please contact me if interested and I can send pictures of it in pristine condition and as it sits now.

    Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22, 2011
      Bernard;
      Interested to learn about the boat you are offering. Please send me anything, including your location.
      regrds,
      Bryan Shank
      505-232-6888

      [Attachment(s) from Bernard Dekeyser included below]

      Message 3 of 10 , Jul 22, 2011
      Boat is located in Austin, TX.  I've attch some pics including a recent one.  As you can see the hull is in bad condition.  Also, after sailing it for the first three years I modified the boat by adding a 300lb steel keel which made it more user friendly and did not seem to slow it down.  It could be rebuilt with this keel or with a center board as originally designed.  I still have the CB.  The trailer is dirty but solid.  It would only need new/used tires to make it road worthy.  Hope this helps.  Feel free to call me if you'd like to talk about it.
      Cheers,
      Deke
      ph 512-258-9798

        --
        regards,

        Bryan Shank
        EnablePay Direct, Inc.
        505-232-6888

        cid:image001.jpg@01CB19D6.76F08100

      • Bernard Dekeyser
        Message 5 of 10 , Jul 22, 2011
          Sails, spars and rigging all in very good condition as have been stored inside.  The hull is not really repairable.  It would be more work/bother than building a new one.   As stated, it is a very easy build and with all the rest of the gear and parts you would have a superb, fast, eye catching boat.

          Message 6 of 10 , Jul 27, 2011
            Bryan,
            Did you guys come to a conclusion? Albuquerque to Austin is quite a stretch but anything is possible if you are really interested.

            Deke,
            If you still have it with no dibs, let me know. I live about 45 miles from Austin. I also had the front half of the folding schooner built 15 years ago but a move gave me no place to finish it. I've always like the styling.

            My only problem would be convincing the boss to let me take on another project. She sees bikes in the garage and boats in the yard - and one of them is dead-dead-dead.

            I don't answer my phone so email me at carln@... or post here.

            thanks
            cnn

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Bernard Dekeyser <bernard.dekeyser@...> wrote:

            > Sails, spars and rigging all in very good condition as have been stored inside.  The hull is not really repairable.  It would be more work/bother than building a new one.   As stated, it is a very easy build and with all the rest of the gear and parts you would have a superb, fast, eye catching boat.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Deke
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Bernard Dekeyser
            Message 7 of 10 , Jul 27, 2011
              It's still available.  First come first serve.  It does need a new hull, but some hull parts could probably be reused (bow sprit, trailboards, sheer strakes, etc.)  Also, spars, sails, rigging, etc are in very good condition.

              Cheers,
              Deke

              Did you guys come to a conclusion? Albuquerque to Austin is quite a stretch but anything is possible if you are really interested.

              Deke,
              If you still have it with no dibs, let me know. I live about 45 miles from Austin. I also had the front half of the folding schooner built 15 years ago but a move gave me no place to finish it. I've always like the styling.

              My only problem would be convincing the boss to let me take on another project. She sees bikes in the garage and boats in the yard - and one of them is dead-dead-dead.

              I don't answer my phone so email me at carln@... or post here.

              thanks
              cnn

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Bernard Dekeyser <bernard.dekeyser@...> wrote:

              > Sails, spars and rigging all in very good condition as have been stored inside.  The hull is not really repairable.  It would be more work/bother than building a new one.   As stated, it is a very easy build and with all the rest of the gear and parts you would have a superb, fast, eye catching boat.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Deke
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Bryan Shank
              Message 8 of 10 , Jul 27, 2011
                No. I can't handle the work. Looks like you have someone interested who is closer to Austin. Thanks for checking back.
                Bryan

                --
                with regards and respect,

                Bryan Shank