Re: [bolger] Insurance for Homebuilt Boats

  • Harry James
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 18, 2011
      USAA covers my classic plastic for liability out of my homeowners insurance (Pearson Triton).

      HJ

      On 7/14/2011 7:22 PM, Bill Howard wrote: I was turned down flat by USAA when I applied.

      Homebuilts are difficult to cover.

      Bill Howard
      Nellysford VA
      On Jul 13, 2011, at 3:44 PM, paull01 wrote:

      I was wondering if anyone else has had a hard time getting insurance for their homebuilt boat. I applied to BoatUs and was given a good quote of about 200 bucks a year, but then they turned me down. The boat is a Jessie Cooper. I've found a cheap spot to keep her, but I've got to have at least liability insurance. Any thoughts?

      Paul
      Seattle