Tortoise Oar Length?

  • Amelia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
      FBBB,

      We've launch a new sailing business this Summer, with my daughter's tortoise pressed into service as a tender. (Until a can put a couple of junebugs together.)

      What's makes a good length oar for this little boat?

      Thanks, and if you want to take a peak at the sailing business, it's at:

      http://www.sailingmontauk.com

      YIBB,
      David
    • captreed@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2011
        I've got a Tortoise and use 6 1/2 foot oars that work well.

        Reed
      • Amelia
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2011
          Done! Photo here:

          http://fb.me/CCTGZ8QI

          Thansk!

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "captreed@..." <captreed@...> wrote:

          > I've got a Tortoise and use 6 1/2 foot oars that work well.
          >
          > Reed

        • Mark Albanese
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2011
            Adding just a little weight inboard helps these.