Re: Which Bolger is this?

  • thedumbox2
    Message 1 of 9 , May 22 5:38 AM
      That looks like a Gypsy.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "david_shurr" <david_shurr@...> wrote:

      > I found this 15' for sale in my area. Which design is it?
      >
      > http://medford.craigslist.org/boa/2394774475.html
      >
      > Thanks,

    • apraphett777
      Message 2 of 9 , May 22 6:53 AM
        I was thinking thomaston galley looking at the bow

        > Has to be Gypsy.
        > http://www.instantboats.com/gypsy.htm
        >

        > On May 21, 2011, at 5:25 PM, david_shurr wrote
        > > I found this 15' for sale in my area. Which design is it?
        > >
        > > http://medford.craigslist.org/boa/2394774475.html
        > >
        > > Thanks,

      • Bill Howard

          Message 4 of 9 , May 22 11:47 AM
            Here is a video of one sailing. She looks like she goes nicely.

            http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?122143-Bolger-Gypsy-sailing-video&highlight=

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "david_shurr" <david_shurr@...> wrote:

            > I found this 15' for sale in my area. Which design is it?
            >
            > http://medford.craigslist.org/boa/2394774475.html
            >
            > Thanks,

          • Mark Albanese
            Message 5 of 9 , May 22 12:00 PM
              They are similar in size and look. The craigslist photos do give the boat a banana sheer, but looking closely, Gypsy sort of has has that too. The vee bottom TG has a different rig.

              From Bruce Hallman's archive:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/hallman/tags/thomastongalley/

              On May 22, 2011, at 6:53 AM, apraphett777 wrote:

              I was thinking thomaston galley looking at the bow

              > Has to be Gypsy.
              > http://www.instantboats.com/gypsy.htm
              >

              > On May 21, 2011, at 5:25 PM, david_shurr wrote
              > > I found this 15' for sale in my area. Which design is it?
              > >
              > > http://medford.craigslist.org/boa/2394774475.html
              > >
              > > Thanks,

            • Peter
              Message 6 of 9 , May 23 7:52 AM
                > The vee bottom TG has a different rig.

                And is decked with coaming around the cockpit.

                Gypsy is one of PCB's best rowing & sailing boats, that is, boats designed for doing both well. I think the bias is toward sailing, however, since the daggerboard and tall mast are awkward for rower. If you want to row, leave all the sailing gear at home.