[bolger] Re: EC Recreational Craft Directive

  • ernie@surfree.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999
      I can well understand your confusion attempting to be legal to a system
      that has neither concept nor reason what traditional boats are all
      about. Nor that reasonable men may decide to take reasonable risks on
      their own.

      Now here's my thought... why not instead of calling it a "boat" call it
      a "lawn ornament," and if the end user decides on their own to mis-use
      the product, that’s not your concern.

      Just a thought.
    • Bill Samson
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 1999
        Probably nothing, unless the neighbour goes and has an accident and there's
        an investigation. Even then, it's unlikely that any court of law will have
        heard of the RCD. It's really this thinly veiled 'Big Brother' thing that
        bugs me. I guess these guys won't be happy until they've got something on
        everybody that they can threaten them with.

        Bill

      • Samson family
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 1999
          Lovely idea, Ernie! I wonder how long it'll take them to figure the scam?

          Bill
          -- bill.samson@...

          Chebacco News can be viewed on:
          http://members.xoom.com/billsamson

          I can well understand your confusion attempting to be legal to a system
          that has neither concept nor reason what traditional boats are all
          about. Nor that reasonable men may decide to take reasonable risks on
          their own.

          Now here's my thought... why not instead of calling it a "boat" call it
          a "lawn ornament," and if the end user decides on their own to mis-use
          the product, that’s not your concern.

          Just a thought.

          -- Create a poll/survey for your eGroup!
          -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=bolger&m=1