ANHINGA recap on ESC prospect (was Re: Eeek progress)

  • c.ruzer
    Message 1 of 91 , Apr 4, 2011

      > Are you talking about $400?

      Not that much. Looked up the correspondence - I should have written more than "3 times" as much, sorry. The quote was actually $200, my memory said $250... The quote for either Bw, certainly for #1 was $150. IB list Bw1 currently at $60 ( http://www.instantboats.com/pricetxt.html and rising)... Interpretation: a PB&F push towards getting a Bw built / or: Bw requests are frequent, so plan sets to hand, whereas, though Phil indicated he was fond of it too, Anhinga would have to be dug out and printed as a one off. Nevertheless... price points... currencies... psych... the goods... the song. Bw is a good'n. Centennial II. AS19.

      I note Storm Petrel at merely $50 may see 2.5+reserve months at sea... beyond the eastern seas lies middle earth... there and back again unseen.

      The song remains the same.
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 91 of 91 , Mar 22, 2012
        One version of EEEK! is the cut down Cruising Canoe from SBJ 21.  I built the hull, tried it out; too small for me, then passed it to Dave Leavitt.

        At that scale the deep, double ended stern was not hard to turn, even though its big fat skeg makes the craft very directionally stable. It made me laugh that with every stoke there was plenty of roll side to side but the bow went really straight where she looked.

        That stern... slow to turn?? Pick your water?