ANHINGA recap on ESC prospect (was Re: Eeek progress)

  • c.ruzer
    Message 1 of 91 , Apr 3, 2011
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, gc4248@... wrote:

      > Speaking of which, you appear to be going ahead with it. Hope you'll
      > keep us up to date with a building album and regular reports.

      Yes, I have more than enough ply now. Certainly I'll document it if indeed I do get to go ahead with it before something else. I'd like to obtain an unused plan set first, and at a lower cost than 4 times as much as for Birdwatcher1!
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 91 of 91 , Mar 22, 2012
        One version of EEEK! is the cut down Cruising Canoe from SBJ 21.  I built the hull, tried it out; too small for me, then passed it to Dave Leavitt.

        At that scale the deep, double ended stern was not hard to turn, even though its big fat skeg makes the craft very directionally stable. It made me laugh that with every stoke there was plenty of roll side to side but the bow went really straight where she looked.

        That stern... slow to turn?? Pick your water?