ANHINGA recap on ESC prospect (was Re: Eeek progress)

  • c.ruzer
    Message 1 of 91 , Apr 3, 2011
      The answer is in the question... unless you've another?

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "daschultz2000" <daschultz8275@...> wrote:

      > The text quoted from BWAOM below is from the chapter concerning Whalewatcher. I'm not sure why it is included in this conversation.
      >
      > Don
      >

      > "> ECONOMY SEAGOING CRUISER
      > >
      > > Why is ESC more closely proportioned to Eeek than to the Anhinga?
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 91 of 91 , Mar 22, 2012
        One version of EEEK! is the cut down Cruising Canoe from SBJ 21.  I built the hull, tried it out; too small for me, then passed it to Dave Leavitt.

        At that scale the deep, double ended stern was not hard to turn, even though its big fat skeg makes the craft very directionally stable. It made me laugh that with every stoke there was plenty of roll side to side but the bow went really straight where she looked.

        That stern... slow to turn?? Pick your water?