Re: [bolger] Re: aluminium boat plans

  • Bill Howard
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2011
      I know of a 14 foot aluminum jonsboat that has been sitting on a trailer (with two flat tires) in a garage for at least 10 years.  A 10 HP four-stroke Honda is mounted on the transom.

      There must be many others like this.

      On Mar 18, 2011, at 6:48 PM, prairiedog2332 wrote:

      Michalak's Jonsboat plans were self-admittedly copied from details of
      aluminum versions he observed all over the place where he lives.

      http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/jonsboat/index.htm

      I would suggest a person could buy a really good used one for far less
      than building one from scratch including - in many cases - a trailer
      and motor. Same with aluminum fishing skiffs.

      That being said there has been at least one Diablo built in aluminum and
      I expect many of the "Instant boat" plans could be built that way.

      http://instantboats.com/diablo.htm

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "apraphett777" <djsaprophet@...> wrote:

      > the plan skimmer has been lengthened slightly by a few out to 12 feet
      it would be easyish to cut one out using ally using stock plans from a
      few different designers would be just as easy Mikalik has jon jr and jon
      boat the same could be done with them to weld them up you need to get
      out of the wind and use the gas mix instead of just wire welding

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Johnson" thewatcher99uk@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I am hoping to locate boat plans for a smallish aluminium boat. is
      this the correct forum to ask about boat plans.