Isometric, Bolger design 639, Family-Schooner, 25ft6in, "William D. Jochems"

  • BruceHallman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2011
      Bolger design 639, Family-Schooner, 25ft6in, "William D. Jochems"

      Being long curious about this Bolger schooner, I just completed a
      study and thought I would share it here...

      This is a relatively high numbered Bolger design, and fairly can be
      called in the Advanced Sharpie class. I packs accommodations for four
      adults, meaning four 6'6" berths, a standing headroom galley, enclosed
      head, large ice box, etc. into a hull length of 25 ft 6 inches. A
      number of these have been built, including one in Norway which has
      lots of photos on the WWW.

      Loaded displacement of 4,900 lbs, and 1,100 pound of which are water
      ballast that drains to make this a trailer sailor width of 7'6"
      overall, and 7ft 8 inch over trailer bed due to the tabernacled masts.
      Shoal draft of 14 inches with boards up. Sail area, 462sf. The
      leeboard mounts are of the type seen in other of the later Bolger
      designs, more rigid and stout with a central pivot pin.

      See some isometerics here.
      http://www.hallman.org/bolger/639/