Re: Design Name

  • Myles J. Swift
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011

      Just a quick comment on the slot top designs. Some of them use a slot top that is close to the length of the boat. Great for bad weather, drizzly days, etc. You are inside the boat. Some are half the length with a cockpit of some type. You may not like being inside when the weather is not terrible. On the other hand if you are building something light, without ballast, the full length slot designs are very stable since all your weight  is at the lowest point, not a couple of feet higher on deck.

      MylesJ

    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
        I can't help you with the small WDJ - but I will point out that the Chebbacco #540 RD (the raised deck design) has a slot top cabin with a long hatch that can cover it. The hatch contains two smaller sliding hatches, one at the mast and the other at the companionway entry. So you can have the best of both worlds.

        Andrew