Re: Eeek progress

  • gc4248@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 91 , Feb 25, 2011
      > Proportions Compared (in salt):
      >
      > ESC Type Cp DLR SA/D S#
      > Eeek! 0.60 87.79 8.97 14.14
      > 30" fat Eeek 0.63 107.98 8.97 12.70
      > Anhinga 0.61 115.69 12.48 10.88
      > ESC 0.55 113.07 8.18 12.91
      >

      > These numbers are clipped from Eric W. Sponberg, and should be checked (!)... but!!! just how OVER CANVASSED was that Sandy Bottoms? Is Anhinga?

      According to the Sponberg paper on design ratios, S# can't exceed 10, so there's an error in your calculation. Dividing SA/D by DLR for Anhinga gives a value of .11, which should equate to an S# of 3, the top end of the cruiser category. Not overcanvassed at all.
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 91 of 91 , Mar 22 11:30 PM
        One version of EEEK! is the cut down Cruising Canoe from SBJ 21.  I built the hull, tried it out; too small for me, then passed it to Dave Leavitt.

        At that scale the deep, double ended stern was not hard to turn, even though its big fat skeg makes the craft very directionally stable. It made me laugh that with every stoke there was plenty of roll side to side but the bow went really straight where she looked.

        That stern... slow to turn?? Pick your water?