Re: Cabin Designs

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2011
      That is a beauty all right.

      The windows make for an open feeling in the cabin even though I suspect the occupants can't stand without stooping.

      The other feature is the lack of a bulkhead at the rear of the cabin so it appears to be just a covered extension of the cockpit. That probably compromises safety in a knockdown or swamping from over the transom so I would be hesitant to put this on my Chebacco.

      Andrew

      <snip>you might research the New Jersey-style summer cabin. This is basically a roof with open windows/ports that can be covered to keep out rain and spray.