Re: Wood and Epoxy/Glass Suppliers?

  • daschultz2000
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
      I immediately though "Illinois", 'cause that's a complete plan. I don't think PB&F has completed the I-60 yet.
    • adventures_in_astrophotography
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
        David,

        > I am in the planning stages of a fairly large build (200+ sheets of plywood, 270 gallons of resin, miles of lumber) Any hot tips on venders?

        I had a good experience ordering plywood from Homestead in Ohio.
        http://www.homesteadhardwoods.com/

        The price was the best I found for BS1088 or Marine Fir. That was over a year ago, so things may have changed, but I was very happy with the product, price, and shipping arrangements. The sheets were well crated, and the shipping company forked it right into my pickup at their terminal. Of course, even my truck can't carry 200 sheets at once (unless it's 4mm) - what are you building?

        Jon
      • Harry James
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
          I think I read that Illinois takes 400 sheets.

          HJ

          On 2/4/2011 5:29 AM, daschultz2000 wrote:
          > I immediately though "Illinois", 'cause that's a complete plan. I don't think PB&F has completed the I-60 yet.

        • sirdarnell
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
            Jim Michalak in his book lists (for good prices on epoxy, glass, fillers and supplies):

            www.Raka.com

            www.uscomposites.com

            and

            www.fgci.com

            Get quotes from each and avoid 1 to 1 mixes and 5 minute type epoxies as they are less waterproof according to the engineers.
            David

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Amelia" <david@...> wrote:

            > Hello Bolgeristas! Long time no see!
            >
            > I am in the planning stages of a fairly large build (200+ sheets of plywood, 270 gallons of resin, miles of lumber) Any hot tips on venders?
            >
            > Hope you are all doing well!
            >
            > YIBB,
            > David

          • BruceHallman
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
              For several years now I have been buying my epoxy from the eBay vendor
              "polymerproducts", and have been very satisfied all around.

              http://cgi.ebay.com/310219219293

              Currently they are selling epoxy for $50 a gallon delivered, (+sales tax in CA)
            • dennislancaster36
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
                I get mine from FCI in Florida: http://www.fgci.com/

                Dennis

                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
                  I get my wood from: http://www.edensaw.com/products_list.asp?gr=26&cat=3

                  Dennis

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
                    Wrong coast for Dave, I am a very satisfied customer of Edensaw also,
                    been dealing with them for over 25 years.

                    HJ

                    On 2/4/2011 10:18 AM, dennislancaster36 wrote:
                    > I get my wood from: http://www.edensaw.com/products_list.asp?gr=26&cat=3
                    >
                    > Dennis
                    >
                    > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dennislancaster36"<dennislancaster36@...> wrote:
                    >> I get mine from FCI in Florida: http://www.fgci.com/
                    >>
                    >> Dennis
                    >>
                    >> --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, BruceHallman<hallman@> wrote:
                    >>> For several years now I have been buying my epoxy from the eBay vendor
                    >>> "polymerproducts", and have been very satisfied all around.
                    >>>
                    >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/310219219293
                    >>>
                    >>> Currently they are selling epoxy for $50 a gallon delivered, (+sales tax in CA)

                  • Stephen Dampier
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 5, 2011
                      I built my Tolman Skiff using fiberglass and System 3 epoxy from www.fiberglasssupply.com. They are good people.

                      Shipping is a big consideration in buying both glass and epoxy.

                      SteveOh
                    • futabachan
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 18, 2011
                        David:

                        > No. Not the I60. I'm afraid after my C38 adventures I've caught
                        > the bluewater bug.

                        What are you building?

                        --
                        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>