Re: Wood and Epoxy/Glass Suppliers?

  • tinkerbell98683
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 3, 2011
      A good epoxy and fresh. http://www.aeromarineproducts.com/

      Fillers and suplies. http://www.mertons.com/

      Jon

      > I've seen the suggestion written several places to get some kind of
      > builders status, whether with a number or less formally.
      >
      > If that really helps anywhere, I suppose it would on something big as
      > that.
      >

      > On Feb 3, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Amelia wrote:
      >
      > > Hello Bolgeristas! Long time no see!
      > >
      > > I am in the planning stages of a fairly large build (200+ sheets of
      > > plywood, 270 gallons of resin, miles of lumber) Any hot tips on
      > > venders?
      > >
      > > Hope you are all doing well!
      > >
      > > YIBB,
      > > David

    • daschultz2000
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
        I immediately though "Illinois", 'cause that's a complete plan. I don't think PB&F has completed the I-60 yet.
      • adventures_in_astrophotography
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
          David,

          > I am in the planning stages of a fairly large build (200+ sheets of plywood, 270 gallons of resin, miles of lumber) Any hot tips on venders?

          I had a good experience ordering plywood from Homestead in Ohio.
          http://www.homesteadhardwoods.com/

          The price was the best I found for BS1088 or Marine Fir. That was over a year ago, so things may have changed, but I was very happy with the product, price, and shipping arrangements. The sheets were well crated, and the shipping company forked it right into my pickup at their terminal. Of course, even my truck can't carry 200 sheets at once (unless it's 4mm) - what are you building?

          Jon
        • Harry James
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
            I think I read that Illinois takes 400 sheets.

            HJ

            On 2/4/2011 5:29 AM, daschultz2000 wrote:
            > I immediately though "Illinois", 'cause that's a complete plan. I don't think PB&F has completed the I-60 yet.

          • sirdarnell
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
              Jim Michalak in his book lists (for good prices on epoxy, glass, fillers and supplies):

              www.Raka.com

              www.uscomposites.com

              and

              www.fgci.com

              Get quotes from each and avoid 1 to 1 mixes and 5 minute type epoxies as they are less waterproof according to the engineers.
              David

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Amelia" <david@...> wrote:

              > Hello Bolgeristas! Long time no see!
              >
              > I am in the planning stages of a fairly large build (200+ sheets of plywood, 270 gallons of resin, miles of lumber) Any hot tips on venders?
              >
              > Hope you are all doing well!
              >
              > YIBB,
              > David

            • BruceHallman
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
                For several years now I have been buying my epoxy from the eBay vendor
                "polymerproducts", and have been very satisfied all around.

                http://cgi.ebay.com/310219219293

                Currently they are selling epoxy for $50 a gallon delivered, (+sales tax in CA)
              • dennislancaster36
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
                  I get mine from FCI in Florida: http://www.fgci.com/

                  Dennis

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
                    I get my wood from: http://www.edensaw.com/products_list.asp?gr=26&cat=3

                    Dennis

                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 4, 2011
                      Wrong coast for Dave, I am a very satisfied customer of Edensaw also,
                      been dealing with them for over 25 years.

                      HJ

                      On 2/4/2011 10:18 AM, dennislancaster36 wrote:
                      > I get my wood from: http://www.edensaw.com/products_list.asp?gr=26&cat=3
                      >
                      > Dennis
                      >
                      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dennislancaster36"<dennislancaster36@...> wrote:
                      >> I get mine from FCI in Florida: http://www.fgci.com/
                      >>
                      >> Dennis
                      >>
                      >> --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, BruceHallman<hallman@> wrote:
                      >>> For several years now I have been buying my epoxy from the eBay vendor
                      >>> "polymerproducts", and have been very satisfied all around.
                      >>>
                      >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/310219219293
                      >>>
                      >>> Currently they are selling epoxy for $50 a gallon delivered, (+sales tax in CA)

                    • Stephen Dampier
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 5, 2011
                        I built my Tolman Skiff using fiberglass and System 3 epoxy from www.fiberglasssupply.com. They are good people.

                        Shipping is a big consideration in buying both glass and epoxy.

                        SteveOh
                      • futabachan
                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 18, 2011
                          David:

                          > No. Not the I60. I'm afraid after my C38 adventures I've caught
                          > the bluewater bug.

                          What are you building?

                          --
                          Susan Davis <futabachan@...>