Re: Chines (was: Bolger on sharpies)

  • daschultz2000
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 8, 2011
      Ruzer is on the money. The Lions Paw (30 Odd Boats) and Sir Joseph Banks (BWAOM last chapter) both had this feature for protection and easy of welding. NOT for 'lateral plane'. Both boats use lee boards. I've forgotten where I saw them but one designer of big passage makers uses chine runners on motor sailer and straight power designs.

      Oddly, there are 2 Lions Paw projects out there, both finished to about the same stage, both just sitting incomplete.

      Don