[bolger] Re: Family Schooner

  • tjfatchen@ace.net.au
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 1999
      >I am considering building Bolger's family schooner, the W. D. Jochems.
      Anyone else out there building her too?

      Regards,

      Ian

      Bjorn Habro in norway.

      (Tim Fatchen)
      (My email replies to this list die...any reason??)
      (I =know= I'm legal -- does the egroup server hate me??)
    • rlundy@atlantic.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999
        Tim:

        Did you go through the subscribing process? Egroups is weird that you
        can read the posts and all, even if not a subscriber, but anything you
        try to post, replies, etc. go straight to Greg C. as moderator.

        If you come back to egroups via the web, you have to start at
        www.egroups.com and click "my space", otherwise, it won't recognize
        you. Once subscribed though, all the posts will go directly to the
        e-mail box you designate, so you won't have to deal with their wacky
        web interface.

        Subscribe PLEASE. We cannot live without your vibrant prose. On down
        days I go back and re-read your British Seagull stories. 2nd funniest
        item on the web after the launching of "Alison Might".

        Robert Lundy

        tjfatche-@... wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=651
        > >I am considering building Bolger's family schooner, the W. D.
        Jochems.
        > Anyone else out there building her too?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Ian
        >
        > Bjorn Habro in norway.
        >
        > (Tim Fatchen)
        > (My email replies to this list die...any reason??)
        > (I =know= I'm legal -- does the egroup server hate me??)

      • GHC
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999

        • HenryClann@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 1999
            In a message dated 11/2/99 7:59:23 AM Central Standard Time,
            rlundy@... writes:

            << Subscribe PLEASE. We cannot live without your vibrant prose. On down
            days I go back and re-read your British Seagull stories. 2nd funniest
            item on the web after the launching of "Alison Might". >>

            Ant they (the Seagull stories) are true as far as i am concerned. We had one
            down on St. Vincent, an old 1hp putt putt. If you had the oil-gas mis even a
            little off, you'd foul the plug. It gets real interesting changing-cleaning
            (with emory cloth) a plug in the channel between the reef...LOL...Thankfully
            there was oars of things got too dicy...all in all it was THE best small
            outboard i've ever seen. We had it from the late 1950s, bought used, and
            still had it when i came back to The States in August of 1972. Used on that
            little box-punt-dingy "WhiteShark" .........

            Larry

            Palm Bay, Florida
            <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/henryclann/Boats/amatureboats.index.htm">The
            Careenage & Blue Lagoon, A page for Home Built Boats & Owners!</A>
            Remember; the Titanic was built by the professionals, but Noah's Ark by
            amatuers!