bobcat vs beetlecat

  • etap28
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      Has anybody here sailed both a Bolger Bobcat and a real Beetlecat? I sailed a Beetlecat at Mystic in '07 and really loved it. But they're not really a dry-sail boat and that's more what I'm looking for (camp cruiser, semi-sheltered). I like the Bobcat but wondered if it sails anything like a Beetle--low to the water, sense of speed (lots of gurgling), powerful and heavy feeling, puts its shoulder down; obviously you give up the sprawling space in the Bobcat, which is one thing I really liked. I imagine the Bobcat sounds lightweight, water sounds slapping through the ply (not a big fan of that), but might have a similar substantial feeling and stiffness under sail