RE: Chebacco 25

  • raykimbro
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 10, 2010
      All -

      I've built a couple small Bolger boats - but, have always had a hankering to build the Chebacco. BUT - w/the size of my family, 20' is too small. I think that the 25' version would be just about right - trailerable, easily-sailed rig, yet enough space for my wife & I, and our two youngest.

      Does anyone know if line drawings or study plans are available?

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "daschultz2000" <daschultz8275@...> wrote:

      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <a.c.l.yen@> wrote:
      > >I ordered all of the Chebacco 20 plans for reference so that I could >potentially learn from Chebacco 20 experience over the years and apply >it to the Chebacco 25 design, which hasn't been updated since first >drawn.
      > >

      > Good thinking.
      >
      > Don

    • Bill Howard
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 10, 2010
        Plans are in Phil Bolger's Boats With an Open Mind, available from Amazon.

        See

        On Dec 10, 2010, at 8:59 AM, raykimbro wrote:

        All -

        I've built a couple small Bolger boats - but, have always had a hankering to build the Chebacco. BUT - w/the size of my family, 20' is too small. I think that the 25' version would be just about right - trailerable, easily-sailed rig, yet enough space for my wife & I, and our two youngest.

        Does anyone know if line drawings or study plans are available?

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "daschultz2000" <daschultz8275@...> wrote:

        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <a.c.l.yen@> wrote:
        > >I ordered all of the Chebacco 20 plans for reference so that I could >potentially learn from Chebacco 20 experience over the years and apply >it to the Chebacco 25 design, which hasn't been updated since first >drawn.
        > >

        > Good thinking.
        >
        > Don

      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 11, 2010
          The Chebacco 25 drawings in BWAOM are very detailed and I actually built my moulds from the information in the book before the actual drawings arrived.

          I too decided that 20' wasn't big enough for my (3 primary school aged kids but getting older) family. The big cockpit of the 25 means that my children will have enough space to reduce "sibling friction" and so enhance our family enjoyment of sailing.

          Andrew

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Bill Howard <billh39@...> wrote:

          > Plans are in Phil Bolger's Boats With an Open Mind, available from Amazon.
          >
          > See
          >
          > http://www.amazon.com/Boats-Open-Mind-Seventy-Five-Unconventional/dp/0070063761
        • raykimbro
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 13, 2010