Glad to be here

  • K. Steven Monk
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2010
      Hello all,

      First I would like to thank the moderator for letting me join this group.  Like many other boatbuilders I have held a long time admiration for the design work of Phil Bolger.  It is an honor to be a member of a group bearing his name.

      A little about myself.  Although my roots lie in Georgia, I was born in Tampa, Florida and spent the first ten years of my life there.  It was there that I developed an early fascination for boats and things that you can do on and in the water.  I now live in Jasper, Georgia in the foothills of the Appalachians.  I like the beauty of living in the mountains but still miss the beaches and waterways of Florida, and so I get back there whenever I'm able.

      Again, thanks for having me here.

      Fair winds,

      K. Steven Monk
      Jasper, GA