Illinois, design 630, isometric

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2010
      http://www.hallman.org/bolger/630

      At the encouragement of Ed Short (thanks!), I have spent some time in these last few weeks looking closely at the design #630 Illinois.  As is typical of PB&F, the closer you look the more fascinating details you can see.  I think that 630Illinois could be easily achieved, though I would not tackle this boat build alone.  Especially in this present day economy, I think that hiring a talented unemployed carpenter plus a laborer or two, this project could be run similar to a small construction job set up on a yard near a quay with occasional rental of a JLG forklift for a few of the big picks, and the launch.

      I really encourage downloading the "fbm" file and installing the Free!Ship software so that you can do 'zoom' and 'rotate' to really experience the 3D effects.
    • Jeffery Measamer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2010
        Very nice, thanks for posting it.

        At the encouragement of Ed Short (thanks!), I have spent some time in these last few weeks looking closely at the design #630 Illinois.  As is typical of PB&F, the closer you look the more fascinating details you can see.  I think that 630Illinois could be easily achieved, though I would not tackle this boat build alone.  Especially in this present day economy, I think that hiring a talented unemployed carpenter plus a laborer or two, this project could be run similar to a small construction job set up on a yard near a quay with occasional rental of a JLG forklift for a few of the big picks, and the launch.

        I really encourage downloading the "fbm" file and installing the Free!Ship software so that you can do 'zoom' and 'rotate' to really experience the 3D effects.

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2010
          Wow! What big job that must have been.