Re: Día de los Muertos Phil Bolger memorial

  • goganrob
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
      Terrific idea Bruce! Will you be setting up the shrine in view of the water?

      --Rob

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
        The tradition here is that every Nov.2 the people in our neighborhood,
        (ten thousand or so), hold a memorial procession in honor of the dead
        . Typically a hundred or so candle lit memorial shrines are erected
        in Garfield Square. The only water in the vicinity is the swimming
        pool!

        If anyone wants to include a something written or a photograph as part
        of this PCB memorial, please send it and I can print it out and
        include it.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
          http://www.hallman.org/dayofthedead/index.html

          At the above URL is a montage of the Phil Bolger memorial from the San
          Francisco Day of the Dead celebration. The main theme of the holiday
          is on one day of the year we can contemplate and honor the people
          important to our lives who have passed. I found it especially
          gratifying that hundreds of people took some time to learn about Phil
          Bolger's life from this memorial.
        • Rick Bedard
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2010
            Thank you Bruce for taking the time to put together that memorial display. I truly wish I could have scheduled some time to visit. Glad to hear there are now more people on the planet who know of Phil and his passion for boats.
             Rick Bedard

            l.com>
            At the above URL is a montage of the Phil Bolger memorial from the San
            Francisco Day of the Dead celebration.  The main theme of the holiday
            is on one day of the year we can contemplate and honor the people
            important to our lives who have passed.  I found it especially
            gratifying that hundreds of people took some time to learn about Phil
            Bolger's life from this memorial.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to: