Spartina: Attn Mike Murray

  • thedumbox2
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2010
      Hi Mike,

      I was very excited to see your post about Spartina. I have plans and now that I have acquired the skills to build a lapstrake boat, I am intending to start construction on her in the next year or so.

      I would love to hear your comments about her sailing abilities. I'd like to know which rig you have on yours. I have been thinking about switching over to a balanced lug of similar area to the solent lug. I like the aesthetics of the square rig, but I don't like the complication of the gaff sloop.

      Please give us your thoughts on the boat when you get a chance. There is very little on the net about this particular design and anything you can say about her will be welcome.

      Thanks,
      Dennis