Re: OLDSHOE

  • dir_cobb
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 12, 2010
      Joe

      I agree that with no need to get anywhere, the hydrodynamics from overloading don't matter too much. I found that in chop or crossing a motorboat wake with more than two adults on board I would get the bow slamming into the waves and being slowed rather than riding over them. This was compounded by taking in large quantities of water through the bow step and consequently weighing the bow further down, tending to raise the stern. I know she's actually pretty safe, but the sensation of lots of water coming in is worrying to the passengers.

      I am specially tempted to close the step as I have not actually used it at all. I find I can usually step in straight from the shore or jetty onto the top of the hatch. With any type of rasonable beach, she runs herself nicely up on the keel but keeps upright nicely with the tail floting flat. If boarding from the water, give me the motor cut out any time... Although with the motor in place, there isn't that much space.

      Best regards,

      David