Plan Sales

  • prairiedog2332
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      I think it would be stupid for Duckworks to try to suppress the
      purchasing of Bolger plans, or any other plans for that matter and here
      is why.

      Almost the entire business is centered around supplying materials and
      hardware for the small DIY home boat builder. About the only thing they
      don't offer is wood.

      They make very little profit (if any) through their plan brokerage
      section. I know this for a fact regarding Michalak plans at least. Jim
      offers catalogs so it is easy to compare his asking price to the DW
      price which is roughly 10-15% higher. The difference is that DW accepts
      paypal or credit card and Jim only accepts cash or MO in US funds.

      Awhile back DW began offering some of the "instant" small boat plans
      for instant download in PDF format, which of course is even cheaper than
      having the blue prints mailed out.

      Example:
      http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/catbox/index.htm

      Many of the designers who offer plans through DW have met Chuck, sailed
      with him, drank with him and invited him to stay with them as far away
      as NZ and OZ.

      Many Bolger designs have hardware and sails, glues and glass purchased
      from DW.

      Nels