Re: Mippet

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2010
      > I thought some of you might be interested in my take on Bolger's
      > Amesbury Skiff "Mippet," as seen in his book "Small Boats."

      Very pretty.

      I'd be afraid that using such light construction for a boat with a narrow bottom would produce a tippy boat. How does she go?
    • Dave Gentry
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <pvanderwaart@...>
        > Very pretty.
        >
        > I'd be afraid that using such light construction for a boat with a narrow bottom would produce a tippy boat. How does she go?

        Thanks! She rows just dandy. Responsive and maneuverable, and rows well with two adults, also. A bit tippy, yes, but I ascribe that to her narrow beam. I'm sure displacement has something to do with that, but in any case, it's only something one notes - not a problem.

        I'll post another pic in the file.

        Dave Gentry