Re: [bolger] Micro keel and Hollow Mast

  • daniel.curnutte@royalmail.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      I wouldn't worry about it... I'm sure that you will want to keep a spare anchor
      in th bottom of the boat somewhere. Or your idea of sticking somelumps of lead
      in the voids should be OK...
      I primed the bottom of my boat last weekend. It is a real buzz to see it all as
      one painted object as opposed to the former view of a collection of components.
      The most satisfying moment so far!!!
      I have been following the hollow mast debate with interest. The wood that I have
      got will lend itself towards a solid mast. Making a hollow one will mean more
      work for me. I figure I will make a solid mast, my only niggle is how I am going
      to wire up my Nav lights at the top of mast. I may use a small router bit to
      scribe a narrow groove up the mast and set the wires within and hide the groove
      with a veneer-thin wooden strip.
      Any thoughts??