100 nm this weekend

  • Maximo
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27 3:26 PM
    • Bill Howard
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27 6:44 PM
        Maximo:

        Gracias for the great video.

        Remind us of the plan por favor -- Tennessee?

        Regards,

        Bill Howard
        Nellysford VA

      • Maximo
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27 8:04 PM
          Thank you Bill. It s a Idaho
          10 knots half throttle, 3.7 liters per hour, 4 crew that weight for 5 :)
          Máximo
        • Bill Kreamer
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28 4:17 AM
            Your video says it all Maximo. It just about brought me to tears. - Bill

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28 7:44 AM

              Maximo:

              Do you  know the total weight of your build?   I recently had the opportunity to put EstherMae (Tennessee) on a scale, I was surprised that boat with motor, 5 gallons fuel, 12 kg Bruce, 40 lf of chain and misc items was 2,220 lbs (1,007 kg).  With a 25hp four stroke Yamaha at wide open throttle I occasionally get 18 mile per hour, more often around 14 mph depending on crew, wind, and waves.  The empty weight of Ester Mae surprised me.

              By the way, excellent video, love the format.  It delivers a feel for what you experienced.  Please continue to post.

              ~Caloosarat

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 28 12:17 PM
                Thank you Chester and all. Yes, I also put my boat in a crane with a digital
                scale.

                Complete with a 20 HP 4 stroke Honda (50 kg), 40 liters fuel, battery, all
                acrilyc windows, bed, tools, misc items, etc etc was 800 kg

                With two people, I get 10 knots half throttle, and 13.5 knots wide open
                throttle.
                With five people, I get 9 knots half throttle, and 11 knots wide open
                throttle.

                (I dont have a tachometer or RPM meter, I m not really sure if wide open
                throttle on the stick is 5000-5500 RPM on the motor)

                On protected water, no wave or wind, it rows very well :)
                A small sail and a leeboard? Yes, yes, I know, I am sick with boatbuilder
                disease :)