Re: Work Skiff launched

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 21, 2010
      The work skiff was to replace the Diablo that rotted out. If you build a Diablo, I would recommend using excellent plywood for the bottom piece at least, and glassing that portion inside and out. Rot anywhere else could be cut out and fixed in the 1/4" panels.

      Diablo is an instant build, and a lot cheaper; particularly if you go with cheap plywood. It does blow around a bit due to it's light weight, but at the same time is easier to move around the yard and at the landing. Diablo gives a lot of bang for the buck.

      For fishing, go with the Clam skiff. Although we did catch quite a few Bluefish, Bass, Fluke, and trout in the Diablo.

      David