Re: Loose Moose 2, AS39

  • Rob Kellock
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 20, 2010
      And that's the key I guess. If you can provide enough tension on the halyard or tack and both are as close to the yard and boom respectively as possible AND the sail material can sustain these very high loads then you're in business. The Chinese sail material was weak and my sail material is also weak, being made of polytarp, so I've had to resort to battens to solve the sail billowing away from the mast problem.
      But the tack line is short and the halyard is tightened with a winch. The sail sets beautifully on all tacks.