[bolger] Re: DSF

  • Samson family
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 1999
      >Dear Bill - I don't know. I haven't been able to find the definitions of
      >the categories on the net. By the way, do you have such an URL to point
      >me to?

      Not that I know of. I understand that A is open ocean, B is coastal (?) , C
      is inshore, D is sheltered . . . But trying to get any documentation on the
      subject is like getting blood out of a stone. I just go by what the boating
      magazines say - but I've no idea where they get their information from.

      I find it incredible that the EC has no information that's worth a shit on
      the net. I'm no right wing Eurosceptic, but this kind of secrecy and
      incompetence does them no favours.

      These Euroidiots are pretty good at making laws and then making it
      impossible to find out what they are! My previous Euro MP spent months
      trying to find out about the Recreational Craft Directive for me, and
      couldn't find anybody in Brussels who had heard of it! Poor guy died soon
      after - probably of frustration! I felt a bit guilty about adding to his
      burden, so I haven't bothered my new EuroMP about it.

      Please excuse the ranting!

      Cheers,

      Bill
    • Chuck Merrell
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 1999
        Hi Bill,

        Starting off Monday with a bang, huh?

        Re the EU: Go back to what Harry Browne says about dealing with
        bureaucracies, to wit (freely translated and as I remember): Do what you
        want to do because by the time they get around and in position to cause you
        any real trouble you'll either be dead of old age, they'll have changed the
        system or you'll have sold the boat . In any case the perceived problem is
        moot, i.e. build the boat you want and don't think about it.

        If your MP can't get any information, can you see the EU guys trying to wade
        through the miasma of UK common law just to get into position to give you a
        ticket for an improper boat design, or even if you're tied up to their dock?
        Maybe I'm too cavalier about this and maybe they're better organized than
        I'd guess, but I think not!

        BTW: At the moment sitting here checking email and having a cup of the
        Scottish Blend Tea that you sent over. Yummy, thanks again!

        Happy Ranting!

        Chuck

        ***********************************
        CHUCK MERRELL
        MERRELL WATERCRAFT
        P. O. Box 80264
        Seattle, WA 98108-0264
        (206) 764-1298
        Email: chuck@...
        Web Site: http://www.boatdesign.com

      • bianco@asi.it
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 1999
          Dear Bill

          "samson family" <bill.samso-@...> wrote:
          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=640

          > Not that I know of. I understand that A is open ocean, B is coastal
          (?) , C
          > is inshore, D is sheltered . . . But trying to get any documentation
          on the
          > subject is like getting blood out of a stone. I just go by what the
          boating
          > magazines say - but I've no idea where they get their information
          from.

          So it appears that there's a 1:1 relationship...

          > I find it incredible that the EC has no information that's worth a
          shit on
          > the net. I'm no right wing Eurosceptic, but this kind of secrecy and
          > incompetence does them no favours.

          Agree!

          > These Euroidiots are pretty good at making laws and then making it
          > impossible to find out what they are! My previous Euro MP spent
          months
          > trying to find out about the Recreational Craft Directive for me, and
          > couldn't find anybody in Brussels who had heard of it! Poor guy died
          soon
          > after - probably of frustration! I felt a bit guilty about adding to
          his
          > burden, so I haven't bothered my new EuroMP about it.

          Well, what can you expect from people who discussed ten years before
          eventually agreeing on the definition of the "sleeping shirt"...

          Best, Pippo