The 'Double Eagle'

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2010
      I was shocked this morning, while doing my normal search of wooden sailboats for sale on ebay (hey, you find fun stuff!) to see Phile Bolger's 40' catamaran Double Eagle for sale!

      I watched this fellow's website for months while he was putting the finishing touches on this amazing craft, meant to be a sightseeing tourboat in Alaska. You can find his sites below:

      http://thegreatsea.homestead.com/
      http://sailglacierbay.homestead.com/

      For a moment I wondered how the boat ended up in Arkansas, until realizing I needed to be hit on the head with a US Geography textbook...
    • steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2010
        aha, again I am reminded of this lovely looking boat that I happpened across some time ago, another one of this fellows boats

        http://thegreatsea.homestead.com/boat.html

      • GBroadlick@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2010
          I wish i could afford it.

          aha, again I am reminded of this lovely looking boat that I happpened across some time ago, another one of this fellows boats

          http://thegreatsea.homestead.com/boat.html

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <wonderwheel05@...> wrote:

          > I was shocked this morning, while doing my normal search of wooden sailboats for sale on ebay (hey, you find fun stuff!) to see Phile Bolger's 40' catamaran Double Eagle for sale!
          >
          > I watched this fellow's website for months while he was putting the finishing touches on this amazing craft, meant to be a sightseeing tourboat in Alaska. You can find his sites below:
          >
          > http://thegreatsea.homestead.com/
          > http://sailglacierbay.homestead.com/
          >
          > For a moment I wondered how the boat ended up in Arkansas, until realizing I needed to be hit on the head with a US Geography textbook...

        • bud e
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12, 2010
            Thanks for your post, blog on your build and web site.  Really enjoyed them.  Wish I could afford it too.