Re: [bolger] Re:#635 Col Hasler

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2010
      On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 9:16 AM, ANDREW AIREY <andyairey@...> wrote:

      > I think it would be a fairly easy design to build in steel - this is where you start cultivating your mate with a welder or the local fabrication shop.

      The thing that scares me is welding the 10 gauge or 12 gauge steel
      sheet without burn through. (tight enough to hold water). Perhaps some
      experienced welders around here could give their opinions about how
      difficult a task this would be.

      That said, I have had the chance to look very closely at the full
      design in detail, building key, etc.. This is an extremely thoughtful
      PB&F design, fully considered in every detail! I have no doubt it
      would make an excellent long distance (even ocean crossing) single
      handed cruising sailboat.