Colorado messabout reminder

  • Dave Gentry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2010

      Only 4 days to the Colorado Boatbuilder's Messabout!

      Anyone interested in home built boats - whether you've built one or not - is invited to the First Annual Front Range Messabout.
      We'll introduce ourselves, show off our boats - with Q&A sessions for the builders - do some paddling, some sailing, a few demos, and generally have a good time meeting some like minded folks!

      When:  Saturday, June 19 starting at 10:00am
      Where: Boyd Lake State Park, near Loveland, Colorado

      We'll be meeting at the Mussel Beach area, at the North end of the park (away from the jet skis!). There is camping at the S end of the park, and several boat ramps and a small marina in between.

      The marina store sells convenience store sundries - including sandwiches and beer - plus life jackets, bait, etc. Otherwise, you'll have to drive into Loveland for supplies.

      We will have a few picnic tables next to the shore, and plan to have a canopy and a few chairs - but bring your own if you can. There's a barbecue grill, and we'll have a potluck lunch - bring anything you like.

      There's running water and restrooms not too far away, and parking seems ample and close by the beach for you car toppers.

      If you can't make it, drop me a line anyway, and I'll put you on the mailing list for future events!

      Dave Gentry
      Traveller1719@...