Re: 16 foot Canoe Yawl

  • hs
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2010
      > Here is the Free!Ship "fbm" file, if anyone wants to see the expanded strake
      > shapes, the lofting is done already, make it easy.
      >

      > http://hallman.org/bolger/16ftCanoeYawl/16FtCanoeYawl.fbm

      Hello Bruce.

      When I try to open this file I get this error message :

      " This file was created with a later version od freeship and cannot be read with this version ..."

      So , could you advise please , which version of freeship do I neeed to read this ?

      Best regards............
      Harry
    • Christopher C. Wetherill

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2010
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher C. Wetherill" <wetherillc@...> wrote:

          > Works w/ V 2.6

          Many thanks Christopher.
        • graeme19121984
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2010
            > I'm pretty sure that the Canoe Yawl is a lot more work than an Old
            > Shoe. There is, of course, no comparison in looks.

            "OLDSHOE Summary...
            For a 12 foot boat, it is neither cheap nor simple.. Bill Nicolay..."
            oldshoe.txt file http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/files/How%20To/
          • graeme19121984
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2010
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2010
                On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 3:53 AM, graeme19121984
                <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

                > The Nord Koster?
                > http://boatbldr.com/html/boats/koster.html

                Yep, looks like the exact same design.

                Yes, that last version of Free!Ship which is 'open source' is version
                2.6. A few years old, but still works great.

                Available in a lot of places including here:

                http://www.softpedia.com/get/Science-CAD/Freeship.shtml