Re: [bolger] hollow mast

  • chris
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30 7:06 PM
      Has anyone seen the way that Dynamite Payson builds the hollow mast in
      "Building the New Instant Catboat"? That is the way the I built my mast. It
      is 16 feet long (Approx) and weighs less that 30 lbs. ( guess) It is hollow
      ... built out of two 2x6's.... It seems to be very strong and it does bend a
      little.
      Chris Flynn
      Flynn's Folly
      _/)
      ~~~~~~~~~
      By the way ... I did get a sailrite sail and the difference in light winds
      is amazing.
      > Instant Approval and 0% intro APR with Aria!
      > --------------------------------------------------------------------|e>-
      >
      > Bolger rules!!!
      > - no cursing
      > - stay on topic
      > - use punctuation

    • Chuck Leinweber
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30 8:49 PM
        > By the way ... I did get a sailrite sail and the difference in light winds
        > is amazing.
        >Chris

        Chris:

        Do you think the improved performance is due to the shape of the sail. and
        do you think it would be possible to get the same results in polytarp If one
        knew what one was doing?

        Chuck
      • chris
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31 4:35 AM
          yes Chuck... the shape had all to do with it....while I could not make a
          sail with the excact same shape out of poly I now know what to change on the
          shape and edges of a polysail that would improve it
          Chris

        • StepHydro@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 31 5:04 AM

            << ... the shape had all to do with it....while I could not make a
            sail with the excact same shape out of poly I now know what to change on the
            shape and edges of a polysail that would improve it >>

            Chris,

            Have you any interest in writing it up for us all???

            Cheers/Step
          • chris
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 31 6:52 PM
              > Chris,
              >
              > Have you any interest in writing it up for us all???
              >
              > Cheers/Step
              > > Step ( and the rest of the bolger bunch) I am very uncomfortable with
              writing any thing about the way that sailrite shaped my sail... it seems
              like that is stealing ideas to me.... some comments ????
              Chris Flynn
              Flynn's Folly
              _/)
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~
              > --------------------------------------------------------------------|e>-
              >
              > Bolger rules!!!
              > - no cursing
              > - stay on topic
              > - use punctuation

            • Richard Spelling
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 31 7:09 PM
                Not to get into any kind of debate on intelectual property or anything
                remotely similar...

                Jeff(?) at Sailrite was quite open, and exchanged enough information via
                email with me that I could have designed the sail and cut it myself. This is
                one of the reasons I bought from him, I felt confident he knew what he was
                doing.

                > > Have you any interest in writing it up for us all???
                > >
                > > Cheers/Step
                > > > Step ( and the rest of the bolger bunch) I am very uncomfortable with
                > writing any thing about the way that sailrite shaped my sail... it seems
                > like that is stealing ideas to me.... some comments ????
                > Chris Flynn
                > Flynn's Folly
                > _/)
                > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                > > --------------------------------------------------------------------|e>-
                > >
                > > Bolger rules!!!
                > > - no cursing
                > > - stay on topic
                > > - use punctuation
                > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts
                > > - add some content: send "thanks!" and "ditto!" posts off-list.
                > >

                > Bolger rules!!!
                > - no cursing
                > - stay on topic
                > - use punctuation

              • chris
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 31 7:27 PM
                  I am also do not want to start any more disscussion on intelectual
                  property....( I would rather talk boats and boatbuilding)........I agree
                  Richard... also the price was not that bad ..... and Jeff was very helpful
                  when I had questions on the phone!!!!
                  Chris Flynn