Fern Ridge (Oregon) Messabout Postponed Until June 4-6

  • John Kohnen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 4:15 PM
      This is the worst weather forecast we've had for a Fern Ridge messabout.
      :o( We survived a severe thunderstorm once, with hail, falling trees and a
      boat that ran away with it's anchor, but there was sun the rest of the
      day. Another year we had cool temperatures and a SW wind that made
      getting off the beach at Shorelane Park like launching through the surf at
      Cape Kiwanda, but not much rain. We Ol' Coots are a tough breed. But these
      messabouts are supposed to be fun. I wouldn't mind at all postponing the
      messabout until the weekend of June 4-6.

      Of course postponing the messabout is the very best way to get a change in
      the weather _this_ weekend. ;o) Here's what the Weatherman has to say:

      http://preview.tinyurl.com/34l7s54

      John (jkohnen@...)
      A sailor’s joys are as simple as a child’s. (Bernard Moitessier)