Re: Turtle 2

  • gravelyrider
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2010
      > Thank you for your reply.  My problem is that I hope to pull the boat with a Pontiac Vibe which has a maximum trailer weight of 1500 pounds, so the boat and trailer should weight about 1000 pounds.

      I had a Vibe and it towed a similar sized boat just great. I would also tow a Gravely Garden tractor with attachments and never had an issue. Gravely's are HEAVY.

      At the Kingston Messabout a few years ago, I was pulling the boat out with the Vibe and wondered why all the gravel under the tires was making such a racket. Turns out I had the emergency brake on and I was towing the boat, trailer and rear wheels locked up, all without any problem. I had the standard engine and auto transmission.