Re: More Micro Questions

  • William
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 14, 2010
      Tom,
      Back in the states. Point your browser here:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/hallman/4032944720/sizes/l/
      You'll see a scale drawing of an LM with a scale. You can use a ruler or sheet of paper to measure the dimensions of the LM interior. Even better, you can see how things would look if you moved things around. I saw one person (Pryor, in Australia) who slid the berths forward and created galley space in the aft end of the cabin. I would consider sliding the berths aft (maybe 3 feet, maybe more), under the cockpit, and using the free space in the bow-end of the cabin for a private head/galley. Just check for sufficient head room. Anywho, the drawing will give you plenty of time to tinker around.

      I haven't sailed in TX since arriving last summer (I live a little north of Houston). I'm still weighing the benefits of putting-in at Clear Lake on Galveston Bay, or just plopping into Lake Conroe. Probably won't make a decision until later in the summer. I'm hoping to take the LM up to Lake Huron for some sailing this summer.

      Bill, Long Micro Pugnacious