Re: Epoxy Choice

  • jhess314
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 29, 2010

      > Re: pumps. Is epoxy best measured by weight or volume? I have
      > noticed that the 1:1 that I work with the resin is not equal density
      > to the hardener.

      You can do it either way, but you are correct that the density of the two aren't the same. I wanted to weigh Raka epoxy once, so asked them the correct ratio. Their 127 Resin & 350 Hardener, specified at 2:1 by volume, is 100:43, by weight.
    • BrianA
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 9, 2010
        I used the Joe/Tom design - basically a 1"x3" board scrap with screws for the pivots and it worked out just fine. The only slight simplification was that instead of using a penny to balance the board, I just used a block plane to take a shaving or two from the heavier end when I built it, and used the shaving method to adjust the balance if the moisture content of the board changed enough to put it out of balance. 30 minute job and cost nothing.

        Cheers, Brian