Re: Micro Trailer [was Self-Steering]

  • alefoot
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 23, 2010
      Thanks Mason!

      The only real custom work was getting the angle iron droppers welded onto the crossmembers, done by the trailer supplier before they shipped the parts out to the galvanisers. I supplied a scale drawing of what I wanted; there was some confusion about details but nothing I couldn't fix by myself - the beauty of bolted rather than welded construction.

      Bolger's original drawing shows the ply sides on the keel as 1/4 inch, as I recall. Our boat is built to his later spec of 1/2" bottom and 3/8" elsewhere, and that 'elsewhere' included the keel facings, for a total width of 2 & a quarter inch nominal. Regular inch and a half of lead, 400+ lbs. All glassed over up to well above waterline.

      cheers
      Derek