Re: 10 Books?

  • oarmandt
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
      Mr. Bolger mentioned several books in the works in the Furled Sails podcasts. (see numbers 146 and 147 here: http://www.furledsails.com/ ) I listened to these again a few days ago. I think the books are discussed in the second one. An update of 103 sailing rigs sounded the closest to publication. Another in the works deals with the advanced sharpies.

      I will certainly add these to the Bolger shelf in my library should they see print.

      Doug.

      > Many of you have probably read the article by SA in MAIB this issue.
      > It includes a bunch of "new" historical and biographical information.
      > Especially the mention of 10 Bolger books, some of which she explains
      > are draft form, not yet published. By my count there are 7 or 8
      > published books (it depends on whether you count _Bolger Boats_).
      > That means there are two or three unpublished books that we may yet
      > get to read, oh boy!

    • sirdarnell
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2010
        Can I just add my 2 cents here? Yea!

        > Many of you have probably read the article by SA in MAIB this issue.
        > It includes a bunch of "new" historical and biographical information.
        > Especially the mention of 10 Bolger books, some of which she explains
        > are draft form, not yet published. By my count there are 7 or 8
        > published books (it depends on whether you count _Bolger Boats_).
        > That means there are two or three unpublished books that we may yet
        > get to read, oh boy!

      • prairiedog2332
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2010
          Anybody considering a Bolger design, really should obtain a copy of 103
          Small Boat Rigs, or the previous version 100 Small Boat Rigs if they
          can.

          For example the pros and cons of the rig on Micro (#40) is written up in
          great detail.

          Nels