Re: [bolger] 10 Books?

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
      I know I've been shy myself this past year about recklessly posting
      any potentially useful material here, but doubt any harm if you could
      scan that, please. Some of us are hanging on every word.

      Mark

      On Mar 5, 2010, at 1:40 PM, Bruce Hallman wrote:

      > Many of you have probably read the article by SA in MAIB this issue.

    • oarmandt
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
        Mr. Bolger mentioned several books in the works in the Furled Sails podcasts. (see numbers 146 and 147 here: http://www.furledsails.com/ ) I listened to these again a few days ago. I think the books are discussed in the second one. An update of 103 sailing rigs sounded the closest to publication. Another in the works deals with the advanced sharpies.

        I will certainly add these to the Bolger shelf in my library should they see print.

        Doug.

        > Many of you have probably read the article by SA in MAIB this issue.
        > It includes a bunch of "new" historical and biographical information.
        > Especially the mention of 10 Bolger books, some of which she explains
        > are draft form, not yet published. By my count there are 7 or 8
        > published books (it depends on whether you count _Bolger Boats_).
        > That means there are two or three unpublished books that we may yet
        > get to read, oh boy!

      • sirdarnell
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2010
          Can I just add my 2 cents here? Yea!

          > Many of you have probably read the article by SA in MAIB this issue.
          > It includes a bunch of "new" historical and biographical information.
          > Especially the mention of 10 Bolger books, some of which she explains
          > are draft form, not yet published. By my count there are 7 or 8
          > published books (it depends on whether you count _Bolger Boats_).
          > That means there are two or three unpublished books that we may yet
          > get to read, oh boy!

        • prairiedog2332
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2010
            Anybody considering a Bolger design, really should obtain a copy of 103
            Small Boat Rigs, or the previous version 100 Small Boat Rigs if they
            can.

            For example the pros and cons of the rig on Micro (#40) is written up in
            great detail.

            Nels