Gypsy

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 2, 2010
      Seen the Gypsy featured in the beachcruising post over at Ray's Slider site? http://slidercat.com/blog/wordpress/?p=216 Interesting. It does look nice. I like what appears to be his crowned decks! Has he moved the daggerboard sideways any to clear out a sleep spot?

      I happened to be absent mindedly looking at the Gypsy sailplan drawing the other day when it struck me that a line in plan view tangential to the topsides below the sail CoE (Phil marked that on the hull between station 8 and 9 as "CSA") was nearly parallel to the fore and aft axis of the hull. A leeboard guard thereabouts would hardly need any taper at all to present a leeboard straight on to the water flow - a little toe-in might be alright anyway for a pair of asymetrics. Six inches further aft at station 9 an elephant ear leeboard might do clipped on straddling that frame... With decking, foam, gear, and solo, Gypsy won't carry much stores at all before maxing out on her displacement - might be excellent for long weekends row/sail cruising though.

      Has a Gypsy ever gone up against a Gull in that Blackburn challenge race?

      Graeme
    • Mark Albanese
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 23, 2010
        It's only that I'm obsessed with that boat!

        On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:16 AM, graeme19121984 <graeme19121984@...> wrote:

        who00Owee, Mark your eyes are good! I'm a bit uncertain, could be... How's your nose?