Re: parker ohio sharpie flotation

  • BrianA
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 23, 2010
      I would imagine that if Bolger had designed a pelican hook and turnbuckle arrangement on the cabin, and felt it needed a lot of force, he would have mentioned the turnbuckles, as the part of the arrangement that could add real tension to the joint.

      But my idea is that the toggle latches

      (http://images.google.fr/images?q=toggle+fastener&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=UkKES4GOHsXl4gao-biGAg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCgQsAQwAw )

      do put quite a bit of force, but not over as wide a range as a c-clamp, for instance. But if you think of a lot of o-rings or a dripless prop shaft seal, or a relatively soft plastic like a Sikaflex caulking, the pressure is very much secondary to the fit and that is what I am thinking of, a very tight and self-making custom fit.

      Cheers, Brian